Help Poor Village Girls
Train to be Nurses!
Together We Will Build Our Biggest Home of Hope Yet
Talk about a transformation: Home of Hope #29 is just that!
Both these girls were born to grinding poverty in a poor Indian village. One girl will never leave that village. She will be traded for a cow to support the family, or married as a teenager and have more children than she can care for. She will do back-breaking labor (current pay: $3 a day) for the rest of her life.
The other girl – with your help – will become a nurse. Your donation will build the Holy Spirit Nurse Hostel in Haflong, Assam, India. We will educate hundreds of girls just like her. Because of you she will have a career and the skills to heal. She will break the cycle of poverty.
Rural villages hold no future for girls and young women except:
- Early marriage, multiple pregnancies
- Hopelessness, depression, drug and alcohol abuse
- Physical and mental abuse
When we build the Holy Cross Nursing College Hostel, girls will:
- Escape patriarchal villages that keep them enslaved
- Be admitted to three year curriculum leading to BS in nursing
- Study in up to date classrooms with access to modern clinical training
- Have a bright future; a chance to chart their own life